Practical International Copyright Law eTutorial
While there is no “international copyright law” per se, there are legal implications whenever your use of copyright materials — your own or third-party content — extends beyond your country’s borders. Each e-lesson provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading. This online course is a primer/refresher on international copyright law. FAQs on how eTutorials work.
E-Lesson 1.0 — The Role of International Copyright Law
E-Lesson 2.0 — Copyright Laws in Different Countries
E-Lesson 3.0 — Minimum International Requirements
E-Lesson 4.0 — A Summary of Major Copyright Treaties
E-Lesson 5.0 — Worldwide Exploitation of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 — Best Practices for Obtaining Global Permissions
E-Lesson 7.0 — Practical Applications
E-Lesson 8.0 — Final Quiz: Review of Practical International Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
After taking this eTutorial, you will:
- Understand how key international copyright treaties and differences in copyright laws globally affect your use of copyright-protected materials
- Establish best practices for obtaining permissions to use copyright-protected content globally
- Be aware of international licensing considerations
- Develop a global copyright mindset[spacer height=”20px”]Click for testimonials about our courses
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is relevant to you, no matter what country you are in, if you:
- Post content on a website, blog or intranet that will be accessed outside of your own country
- Use content from outside of your own country
- Negotiate digital licenses with a vendor/publisher/content owner based outside your own country
- Distribute content beyond your own country’s borders
You need to be aware of the copyright laws in your own country and those in other countries in most digital and many non-digital situations. Click here to test your international copyright knowledge.
This eTutorial was developed by Lesley Ellen Harris, Founder and CEO of Copyrightlaws.com.