U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial is a 10 e-lesson eTutorial that demystifies U.S. copyright law. Each e-lesson provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading.
Syllabus for United States Copyright Law
E-Lesson 1.0 — Copyright and Intellectual Property in the U.S
E-Lesson 2.0 — International Copyright in the U.S. Context
E-Lesson 3.0 — Works Protected by Copyright
E-Lesson 4.0 — Registration and Copyright Notices
E-Lesson 5.0 —Ownership and Duration of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 —Protected Rights and Their Exploitation
E-Lesson 7.0 — Limitations on Rights
E-Lesson 8.0 — Copyright Infringement
E-Lesson 9.0 — Legally Using Copyright-Protected Materials
E-Lesson 10.0 — Final Quiz: Review of United States Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
After taking this eTutorial you will be able to:
- explain how U.S. copyright law works and how to obtain copyright protection in the U.S.
- identify what is protected by U.S. copyright law and when you need permission to use copyright materials
- understand key U.S. copyright law principles and the international copyright law from the U.S. perspective
Who should enroll in this course?
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding of U.S. copyright law in plain English
- Americans who want a primer or refresher on U.S.
- Non-Americans who seek an overview of U.S. copyright law[spacer height=”20px”]
Looking for In-Depth Information on Copyright? See the Copyright Leadership Certificate