U.S. Copyright Law eTutorial is a 10 e-lesson eTutorial that demystifies U.S. copyright law. Each e-lesson provides up-to-date information on the topic listed, sets out fundamentals for that topic, has a self-marking quiz, and provides URLs for further reading. This online course is a primer/refresher on U.S. copyright law. [spacer height=”20px”]FAQs on how eTutorials work.
Syllabus for United States Copyright Law
E-Lesson 1.0 — Copyright and Intellectual Property in the U.S
E-Lesson 2.0 — International Copyright in the U.S. Context
E-Lesson 3.0 — Works Protected by Copyright
E-Lesson 4.0 — Registration and Copyright Notices
E-Lesson 5.0 — Ownership and Duration of Rights
E-Lesson 6.0 — Protected Rights and Their Exploitation
E-Lesson 7.0 — Limitations on Rights
E-Lesson 8.0 — Copyright Infringement
E-Lesson 9.0 — Legally Using Copyright-Protected Materials
E-Lesson 10.0 — Final Quiz: Review of United States Copyright Law
You will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of this eTutorial.
If you’re looking for more comprehensive copyright training, look at the Copyright Leadership Certificate.
After taking this eTutorial you will be able to:[spacer height=”20px”]
- Explain how U.S. copyright law works and how to obtain copyright protection in the U.S.
- Identify what is protected by U.S. copyright law and when you need permission to use copyright materials
- Understand key U.S. copyright law principles and the international copyright law from the U.S. perspective
Who should enroll in this course?[spacer height=”20px”]
- Anyone who wants a basic understanding of U.S. copyright law in plain English
- Americans who want a primer or refresher on U.S. copyright law
- Non-Americans who seek an overview of U.S. copyright law